Spring Hockey Program Information
The Calgary Riggers spring season officially starts April 1, 2013 highlighting the following:
- 30 hours of training time, including a minimum of 20 hours of on-ice training
- Professional coaches
- All team levels will receive a professional coach with 2 assistants during all ice times. Each team will also have a dedicated goaltender coach on the practice ice sessions.
- 15hrs of off ice development with Crash Conditioning
- This will cover areas as Strength and Conditioning, Flexibility, Off-ice skill development and Co-ordination (the number of sessions varies according to age groupings)
- Pre and Post spring season fitness testing
- Player report cards
- Parent/player nutrition sessions with a professional sports nutritionist
- Hosting one home tournament “Spring Challenge” May 30 – June 2, 2013
- Attending 2 away tournaments
- Team Apparel:
- Game Jersey, practice jersey/socks, training and team apparel.
Rigger’s is excited to announce that they will run their program out of Winsport’s new athletic and ice complex located at Calgary Olympic Park.
Tons of Fun!